Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Elephants and Dead Guys

By popular demand I am to tell you about more of my adventures here in India.  Problem is I’ve been working a lot more than adventuring since I’ve been here.  I signed up for Hindi classes at the American Embassy School; that’s an adventure of a sort.  So anyhow, I was on my way to class through Delhi traffic that would make the most hardened L.A. commuter whimper like a little girl, and I saw two little kids riding an elephant down the street.  But that’s not the funny part!  The funny part was that the elephant had reflectors on it’s butt!!!  I guess it makes sense.  If you get caught out after dark riding your elephant, you certainly would not want to get rear-ended.  I wish I had a picture of it to share with you, but alas, I was too slow.
Instead I will share with you some pictures I took this weekend at Qutb Minar.  At almost 238 feet it is the world’s tallest brick minaret, and is very impressive.  It was constructed in the 11th century by a bunch of dead guys to celebrate the fact that they had killed a bunch of guys.  I don’t mean that they were dead when they built it, but they are now.  Kind of ironical, don’t ya think?        

1 comment:

  1. ~~the elephant had reflectors on it’s butt!!!~~

    wonderful wonderful
    sharing, sandy!
    i would never have imagined
    about such a thing
    had you not shared
    but certainly
    this is good to know...
    just in case i am ever THERE

    :-)

    but
    now
    am going to copy the pesto info
    so
    thanks for that, too...

    ReplyDelete

Some of my Favorite Photos